Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Music Video of the Week

A new element I'm adding to my blog is Music Video of the Week or Song of the Week. I love discovering new bands or finding fun or unusual songs so I thought I'd share.

This weeks video is "Thinking of You" by Katy Perry. Katy is most known for her hit single "I Kissed A Girl" and most people stop there. I wasn't a huge fan of that song but i loved her voice. It was so unique and different than most girl singers these days. So I downloaded 2 of her CDs and found out that she is an amazing songwriter as well. She has her upbeat in your face songs such as "Hot N Cold" "Ur So Gay" and of course "I Kissed A Girl" but she also has some great down to earth songs titled "Fingerprints" Simple" and "Long Shot." If you're a girl looking for an album with every type of song and something to listen to in the car with your girlfriends I definitely recommend this record. A few songs I strongly recommend are "Fingerprints" and "Waking Up In Vegas."
I saw Katy Perry at Phooson a little over a month ago and for her performance actually got moved up to 3rd row. It was so cool being that close. The energy was so high and everyone was jumping around singing and screaming and then she grabs an acoustic guitar and the rest of the band stops and she beings to sing a slow song and everyone was mesmerized. I remember I was turned around talking to someone and then I heard her sing and turn around in amazement. And I'm not even exaggerating. She tore the house down with "Thinking of You." Now that the music video is out I had to share. Enjoy:)