Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fearless.

So I'm really not a fan of Taylor Swift but I have to give the girl props. She is an amazing songwriter. For an 18 year old, she writes exactly what every girl at that age is feeling. Like I said, I'm not really a fan of hers but I ended up downloading her new CD Fearless and was blown away. I've heard so many girls say how her songs are like the soundtrack to their lives and I just laughed and thought it was pathetic. But now that I've listened to it, I respect her so much more because she is so talented at her age. And obviously she's doing something right if she's as big of a success as she is.
Her first self-titled album was mediocre. I remember hearing an interview with her about it and she said it was all written from her journals and personal experience. I have respect anyone who can share their personal life with the world surpassing their fear of rejection. Songs such as "Teardrops On My Guitar" she talks about a guy named Drew who was an actual crush she had in high school. Taylor says that you have to be careful if your in her life because she will use it as a song and use your name. I think that takes guts. Another song I was just told about was "Forever and Always" off of her new record which she wrote about her break up with Joe Jonas. (which is really the reason why I don't like her because joe jonas is my future boyfriend. haha.)
Anyways, her new record has a song for every girl out there. There are love songs, break up songs, sad songs, happy songs. It's like a rollercoaster of emotions put to music. Which I totally like, because I believe music can cure the soul. Music says the things we can not, so therefor I thank Taylor for saying the things I can't.
One of my favorite songs off of her new CD is "The Way I Loved You" I think its very well written and its a great song for a girl her age right now.