Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sad Day in Phoenix.

My worst fear of the past 4 years came true today.


The Suns acquired dynamic shooting guard Jason Richardson today in a trade with the Charlotte Bobcats that will also bring second-year forward Jared Dudley and a 2010 second-round draft choice to the Suns in exchange for shooting guard Raja Bell, forward Boris Diaw and rookie point guard Sean Singletary. -azcentral.com


For those of you that know me closely, you know that I am a HUGE Phoenix Suns fan. You also know that I am completely in LOVE with Raja Bell. Since my very first Sun's game in Jonathan's living room, I have been obsessed with him. Absolutely crazy about him.


Today, my friend Dustin sent me a text message saying that Ra Ra had been traded. I did not believe it and thought it was a cruel joke like the many other times people have told me this. I went to azcentral.com/sports and read the news for myself.


This sounds totally crazy but I am actually physically sad. I feel like someone just died. This season my obsession with the Suns has simmered a little bit but now I just don't think I can watch a game. I was sad when the Marion/Shaq trade occured but this one is more personal than that even. My friends know I always called Raja my "husband" because I swear I am going to marry that man one day, but now the chances are slimming with him moving across the country.


I'm just sad. Goodbye Raja. :(