Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Beauty Still Remains

Be happy for this moment...this moment is your life.

I don't know why but quotes always smack me like right in the face when I need them to. I've always been a huge fan of quotes, not sure why. Maybe its because i'm just not smart enough to come up with smart things to say or what, but they affect me so much.

Anyways, this post is not about quotes. It's about happiness and life and love and friends and smiling and taking advantage of every second because you will never get it back.

Lately I have been in a rut. If you asked me why I could probably list 10 things that are going wrong right now. But if you asked me what was going right right now I could probably list 1000. And thats what I should be focusing on.

I often take days just like today for granted. Always looking forward to something or being in a crappy mood or something, instead of focusing on the beautiful things in life. Today I woke up and decided that I am in charge of my happiness, not my circumstances. Why don't I wake up like that every day? Yes, we can have bad days but I think at the end of the day there should always be at least one thing that made you smile or give you a moment of happiness amongst the crappiness.

If there is ANYTHING I have learned about life, its that IT GOES ON. The bad cant last forever.

It's 5:54pm, my day is almost over, I will never ever have this day back. Did I make the most of it? I think most of us just think that today is just another day and there is always tomorrow. But what happens if there isn't a tomorrow? What if today was our very last day, did you live it like you wanted?

Anne Frank said, "I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains." And I think thats the point I'm trying to get to. Let's stop looking at the crappy parts and live in the beauty that still remains.