Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My 2009

I know this is about 5 days late but I just have not had time to write lately and I have been thinking about what I wanted to say about 2009.

2009 was a year full of ups and downs. It was also a year full of growth and maturity and learning experiences. I feel like in the beginning of 2009 I was in every aspect an 18 year old, and now days before I turn 20 I feel way older than that. It's amazing how big of a difference 1 year can make. It would be very easy for me to focus on the "downs" from 2009 but my list of "ups" for 2009 would blow that list out of the water.

My 2009 "ups":
  • I'll start with a very important one: I grew madly and insanely in love with Joe DiMercurio :)
  • I celebrated my one year anniversary with Joe as well!
  • I also celebrated my one year anniversary being on staff with Central!
  • I started my Junior year of college at ASU and am officially "on track" for graduating in May 2011 with a Bachelors of Science in Communications!
  • My best friends Mike and Sarah got engaged!!!! (along with many other of my friends)
  • I got my passport!
  • I passed my one and only required math class on the 2nd try! (HUGE accomplishment for me.)
  • I did my first real photoshoot.
  • I went to Las Vegas!
  • I went to the San Diego Zoo (lifetime goal marked off!)
  • I only went through 2 cell phones!
  • I walked in the Invisible Children RESCUE march.
  • I served as the Men's Challenge for the 2nd year in a row.
  • I only got 1 piercing and no tattoos!
  • I cut back on Starbucks immensely.
  • I let down my guard and allowed amazing frienships to grow.
  • I worked on stopping my personal judgements of people and realized that not everybody is who others say they are.

All around I would say that 2009 was a pretty decent year. But I can't wait to see what is in store for 2010!